Wednesday, October 13, 2010


My Simpsons skills are pretty spectacular contexted within a small, vitamin company in Vermont. Back at Fox, I was rarely, if ever, asked to draw anything Simpsons related... and for good reason: I'm a designer not a character artist. That said, I've picked up a few things along the way which makes it possible for me to Simpsonize folks for their birthdays. Maybe one day I can become a valued resource to the Connecticut River Valley in the same way that maple syrup or apples or granite or fall foliage has become synonymous to the region. Perhaps bus loads of people will travel far and wide to experience their own half-cocked caricature by a one-time Creative Director responsible for some of the finest Homer key fobs ever licensed and subsequently lost in the kitchen junk drawer. In LA, I was just another dope jonesing for a Range Rover; here I'm king of the world. It's good to be king.

In any event, the king cobbled this together for Jennifer's 28th birthday... she's from Jersey so receiving anything that's not gold-plated is fresh and wonderful. I went with number five.

1 comment:

John T Quinn III said...

I'm from Jersey!